What measures are Glamis APG taking to minimise the risk from Covid-19?
During the current situation, our playground is unfortunately no longer open access. Children wanting to join will have to pre-book and register online (click here for the booking form). Play sessions will run all day, from 11.30am – 4.30pm and children will not be able to come in and go out freely.
We are operating a bubble system in the playground, with 3 bubbles of 5 children maximum each. This is to reduce the risk of cross-contamination between larger groups.
Structures will be fully sanitised at the end of each session.
As children arrive on site, they should wash their hands thoroughly. There are a number of hand sanitisers outside and children will be regularly told to use these and wash hands.
Food is not being cooked onsite. Instead, food will be delivered – each child in the session will still be provided with lunch.
Bubbles will have specific slots to use the toilets (unless someone is desperate!) between which the facilities will be fully sanitised.
We will be operating outside for the summer as this is lower risk. Please make sure your child brings some warm clothes if necessary!
What measures can you take to make it safer for your and other children?
We are encouraging parents and carers:
- to use local services, and not travel outside of the borough to access adventure playgrounds
- to choose a local provision and stick to it for the summer to reduce the risk of spread i.e. to not send your child to multiple adventure playgrounds
- where possible, to please travel to Glamis Adventure Playground by walking or cycling
- limit drop-offs and pick-ups to one parent/carer per family
- practise social distancing at the entrance of the site
Please do not let your child come in if they, or any member of your household, is experiencing symptoms of coronavirus