What is our vision (What and Why)?
Our vision is to offer through the Glamis playground an adventurous, inclusive, fun and safe place for the Shadwell community’s children so they can be creative and discovering while developing, playing and growing and they can learn to build resilience.
What is our mission (Why and Whom)?
After 30 years in the area, we want to continue be a local and reliable support to all the Shadwell community’s children and their parents as we believe that the Glamis playground is a place for physical play where all children can experience the world, can discover the diversity around them and can learn to take risks while being safe from harm. In addition, we want to provide children with the opportunity to have healthy day to day eating while on the playground.
What are our values (How)?
Everything we have done and we continue to do is to provide a local place where all the Shadwell community’s children can develop, play, grow, interact and mix.
Our values are the foundations for this goal, as we are:
- Inclusive and respectful – We are open to everyone and we accept each’s differences and we help all around us to grow.
- Safe – We are a play area where we can take risks and learn about our boundaries without harm.
- Honest – We are safe place where everyone can look for answers outside of their school or home.
- Involved – We are part of our local community and we support its development in line with our ethics.
- Innovative and Green – We are always looking for new ideas that can benefit all around us (children, parents and neighbours) and we are engaged in all we do in having an ecological approach in all our projects.
- Healthy – We provide children with the opportunity to have healthy day to day eating while on the playground.